Happy July 5th! As you know, GO TRY IT ON is all about trying new things and feeling your best by looking your best. We buy clothes to self express, and the pieces that hang in our closets are those that make us feel good, confident and beautiful from the inside out (and if they don’t, they should!) We are constantly pushing those closest to us to take risks and never utter the words, “I could never pull that off” before trying it on first.
So, in the spirit of trying new things, we welcome you to our GO TRY IT series where every Thursday, we will document one new thing we tried that week. Whether it be a recipe, workout, health challenge, you name it, it will be our first try.
Now, for the most exciting part: We’ll be your guinea pig! If you have something you’d like us to try before you give it a go, email email@example.com, subject “GO TRY IT” and we will add it to the list!
Make guacamole for 10-15 people.
- Those chosen for this experiment were the size of an egg; watch for our ’errors made’ section further below.
- NOTE: If you like a mushier guac, get a soft avocado. If you like guac that is less blended (above: far left), get a hard avocado. This gal likes it mushy.
- Apparently, these are not the same thing as an onion, but in the same family. Shallots make the guac less red and oniony (to use the technical term).
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze that entire bad boy in to the bowl.
- Slice each tomato into four parts.
- I’d have never gone for this game-changing ingredient, but finally listened to higher-ups who said they’re a must. It really does add a necessary kick.
Salt & Pepper
- Take it from someone who usually opts for more over less: pour in your hand first and err on the conservative side. You can always add more.
Obligatory note: Cilantro
- Cilantro falls under a small list of items I do not appreciate (bleu cheese and olives are on it, too).
- Cilantro was not included in this dish, but it’s a free world.
- Four avocados the size of an egg is enough to feed one hungry human (not nearly enough for 15 humans at a Sunday night BBQ ready for apps).
- Go to the grocery store and get 5 more avocados and use all the ingredients above (of which you will have plenty leftover)
SUCCESS STORY: TO BE OR NOT TO BE
- My girl received rave reviews and the chef, who I hear is the biggest critic of all, thought it was fantastic!