DIYs can be tricky and frustrating. You pick your poison, search for the how-to video somewhere online, watch the pretty lady perform her beauty trick flawlessly before giving it a whirl on your own and failing miserably. We’ve all been there which is why today is a very exciting day!
Our very own, Amanda, tackled the Sock Bun trend and strolled into the office looking as fresh and put together as your most coveted style blogger! She learned how to craft this very perfect dirty-hair technique from Mr. Kate on Hello Giggles, the “lady-friendly” site started by Zooey Deschanel. If you’re an avid reader of our blog, you know you can trust us when we say, this is an easy to-do that will make your up-do look crafted by the pros if you follow these steps:
1. Grab a full length sock (the ones you wear with boots, not to the gym…hopefully).
2. Cut the toes off the sock so it’s open on both ends.
3. Roll the sock up so it looks like a donut or bagel (whichever you prefer).
4. Put your hair up in a messy ponytail (the height depends on where you want the bun).
5. Place the bun at the tip of your ponytail and roll it down closer to your head as you pull more and more hair inside of it.
6. Use hairspray and bobby pins to fasten loose pieces.
See below for Amanda’s masterpiece and note, she has very short hair so there’s hope for you bob girls!